Friday, July 23, 2010

See you at the fair!

Well it's county fair time here and in the county I live, it's a really big deal!  I love making mini albums so I decided to create one highlighting all my past memories of the fair.  I even talked my husband into taking it over this week so it can be displayed in the Family Arts building.  The fair opens Sunday and we can't wait!  For the album, I used October Afternoon and Cosmo Cricket papers, both of which are quickly becoming my favorites. 

Some random fair memories including the "Peep Show" featured every year on the midway when I was growing up.  ha!
My daughter won her school class spelling bee two separate years. The winners compete at the fair.  The first time, she didn't win and was so happy to be out of the spotlight!
But two years later when she was in it again, she actually won!!  So proud of her.
Her first year in 4-H, she won a Grand Champion award. The Fair has been good to her, lol.
The photo on the left side of this page was taken inside the Strawberry ride.  Who would have ever guessed the Strawberry provided for perfect portrait lighting?
One year at the Fair, I had to bribe my son with a Big Red to get this photo.  I had to be fast in case any of his friends happened to walk by and see him!

Be sure to stop by the Sketches Creatively Yours blog this week to check out the layouts created from this week's sketch.  There are some really amazing interpretations this week and the quality of the photos on the layouts is just as amazing!  Here's my layout for the sketch.  It's of the bittersweet moment when my son played the last game of his high school basketball career.   

1 comment:

  1. I love the "fair" book, its sooo adorable. Just perfect.

    ReplyDelete