Friday, March 26, 2010

Keys to a happy home

Just wanted to share some tips from a recent mini album, "Keys to a Happy Home."  The cute Maya Road key album was a great way to showcase family photos and also serves as a reminder to myself of what's really important in our family life.  In the process of creating it, I discovered some new ways to stretch my ever-growing stash of letter stickers... an added bonus! 

I had some black American Crafts chipboard "Thickers" but they just didn't match the color scheme I had chosen for the album.  So I peeled off the top layer of the chipboard letters:

Then used an acrylic paint dabber to paint the plain chipboard white:

Once the paint dried, I spread pink Stickles glitter glue on each letter:

The final result was completely different than the original black letters:

This page used white American Crafts foam thickers letters inked with green chalk:

The next title combines the two techniques above.  I used pink chalk on white foam letters, then used Stickles glitter atop each letter:


Here are a few of the finished pages:

No comments:

Post a Comment