Monday, April 5, 2010

You Shine!

Just wanted to share my first layout for the Sketches: Creatively Yours blog.  Be sure to check out the blog for all the inspiration this week!  My daughter has entered into her teenage years, and sometimes struggles with self esteem issues that many teens face.  I wanted to create something to remind her of how beautiful she really is and how her beauty shines brightly to those who know her.

Here's a closeup of the chipboard heart shape on the left side:

This started as a Heidi Swapp red chipboard heart reverse shape.  I used an embossing hammer to distress the chipboard as well as the glossy red exterior.  I painted over it with gold metallic paint, then used distress ink to accent the crevices.  And since this girl truly has the key to my heart, a metal key and heart lock pendant added the perfect symbolism.

Hope everyone had a Happy Easter and got to spend time with family and friends.  Here are a couple of cuties I saw this weekend.... lucky me!

1 comment:

  1. this is lovely! your layering of heart and key is perfect.

    ReplyDelete